Tap Master Inc. offers top-quality specialized pipeline services, such as line stopping for commercial and industrial sectors. We pride ourselves as dependable professionals who can produce superior outcomes that can save you money by eliminating shutdowns and delays while you also save more water!
When is Line Stopping Used?
If the water main needs repair, water can’t flow through it. Shutting off the system completely can produce numerous problems, such as:
- Shut off the water supply to an entire municipality
Moreover, outdated and aging infrastructures can’t handle major replacements or repairs while the system is. Specialized pipeline services, such as our line stop services, are required for the water main to be turned off. Bypass capabilities can be utilized to isolate the main and yet keep the main in service.
Benefits of Line Stopping
Line stopping is used for many reasons, and is a preferred method to shutting down any modern pipeline system. It’s cost-effective since it avoids expensive shutdowns of your pipelines and the professional planning that comes with it.
Below are some of the benefits of utilizing line stopping services from Tap Master Inc:
- No disruption: Services can be done without interrupting service to the rest of the pipeline system, ensuring the water supply is not compromised.
- Liquid and gas containment: There’s little to no release of liquids and gasses into the environment.
- Time-saving: The process is quick and efficient, saving time compared to traditional methods of repair or modifications.
- Eliminates drain down or backfilling time: Since the services are done without interrupting the pipeline system, there’s no need for draining or backfilling.
- Avoids ingress of contamination: Contamination is drastically reduced as the pipeline system remains intact throughout the process.
Its irrefutable benefits make it an ideal solution for numerous pipeline problems. Regardless of the issue, we can guarantee your operations and workflow continue to run smoothly while any repairs are being completed.
What to Expect During the Line Stopping Procedure?
Line stop on a water main begins by attaching a temporary line stop valve and fitting to create a diversion line around the pipeline section needing repair. Your projects won’t be affected, and your facility can function as usual during the procedure since line stopping can be performed on almost any pipes under pressure.
You can also expect a safe and efficient process, as our experts are highly trained and experienced in performing line stopping services. Our advanced equipment and technology allow us to execute the procedure accurately with minimal disruption to your operations.
The Line Stopping Process
A line stopping operation includes the following:
- Attach a line stop fitting and a temporary valve to the pipe in need of repair
- Tap the pipe, close the valve and remove the tapping machine
- Position the flow-control equipment and insert the line stop seal into the pipe. At this point, customers can perform their work in the isolated section of pipe.
- When work is completed, simply retract the line stop seal, close the temporary valve and insert an internal plug in the i.d. of the flange.
- Finally , install blind flange as the secondary seal.
The system continues to function throughout the process.
Applications for Line Stopping
- Replacement of Fire Hydrants
- Repair or Replacement of Valves
- Installation of Control Valves
- Rerouting Pipes
- New Construction Tie-Ins
- Pipe Inspection
- New Pipeline Construction
- Custom Engineering
- Flow Meter Installation
- Cast Iron
- Ductile Iron
- Asbestos Cement/Transite
- Concrete, RCP and CLMC/PCCP
- Stainless Steel
- Steel and Copper
- Gasoline / Jet Fuel
- Natural Gas
- Hotels and Hospitals
- Commercial Buildings
- Water and Waste Water Treatment plants
- Universities and Schools
- HVAC and Mechanical
- Power Plants
- Chemical Plants
Click on images for more photos.