What Is Pipe Freezing?
As an alternative to Line Stopping, Pipe Freezing is a non-intrusive, cost-effective and quick method to perform piping maintenance and modifications without draining the system. Using liquid nitrogen, Tap Master solves ice-o-lating your problem area in the pipe by freezing a short piece of your pipe, making a solid plug inside the pipeline to hold back the product and pressure. The Pipe Freeze acts like a temporary valve, holding back your process water while you do your repairs/modifications. When we are done, the ice plug is thawed and it’s like we were never there.
Benefits Of Pipe Freezing
Pipe freezing allows your system modification projects to be completed with little to no downtime and without draining your system or fluid loss. No environmental spills of chemical enhanced water systems, expensive and critical process fluids. Tap Master’s Pipe Freezing/Freeze Stops can be maintained for a period ranging from hours to days.
Pipe Freezing Benefits
- Allows for very little drain-down or refill and, in many cases, no system downtime.
- Standard freeze plugs range in size from 1/2″ to 36″ OD and can be performed on most aqueous fluids including some petrochemicals.
- Once the work is complete, the freeze plugs are thawed and the line is restored to operation.
- Freezes can be placed on pipes to isolate pressures in excess of 3000 psi.
- Commercial Buildings
- Mechanical and HVAC systems
- Water Treatment Plants
- Power Plants